Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"Treasure" from Sunday

Matthew 6:20-22

20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

That was the basis for our message at church on Sunday, and it was more aimed at "things" making us happy, or not.
But between this and our Wednesday night study, the Lord spoke to my heart in a different way.

What do I think about the most?
Right now I have to say it is the store, and all the fun and excitement that surrounds it: the shopping, people I meet, all the ideas that flood my mind.

Now don't get me wrong. I really love the Lord, and seek His direction in what I do, and I know He wants us to enjoy life, and I know the store is a gift from Him. But I have noticed sometimes at the end of the day, that I have not thought of Him since morning!! That makes my heart sad.
The creator of the universe, my friend, and Savior, yearns to be with me. He waits for me each morning, and wants to talk, and walk with me throughout the day.

I know I do not have to be harsh with myslef, but recognize that it is a gentle reminder from a loving God, that He, and those around me who need him, are the true treasures.

So where or who will I chose to be the center of my attention today? It's my decision, my choice.

No comments: