Thursday, August 7, 2008

"Choices"

Have you ever noticed that when you learn something new, like an insight from the Lord, you get a chance to practice it right away?? Well, that was my yesterday.
After my wonderful blog on " Where your treasure is there your heart will be also" on Tuesday, I had the opportunity to make choices yesterday. I was in a bum mood. You know, one of those crying but don't know why, nothing is very fun, even a little irritable days. I really tried to focus on the Lord all day.
Nothing seemed to work. I just couldn't get to that " I'm close to you feeling", that I can enter into sometimes even on bad days. But, before you feel too sad for me, good news! After emailing a couple of friends for prayer ( especially that I could quit crying long enough to go to Bible Study) I recovered!! It wasn't an instant recovery, but it was a recovery. I had to take the first step and go, even though I might have cried with nothing traumatic to even cry about. (the worst kind of crying). At the beginning I openly shared my bum day. And what do you know, no one even said "wow, that's pretty stupid, and none of us can relate!" Then the Bible Study. It was uplifting and encouraging, and my heart was once again filled with His joy and goodness. Maybe more about that tomorrow. =0)

Have a super day, and remember, He is there even when you don't feel like it.

No comments: