Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Sometimes it is really hard to be thankful.

We had bad news tonight that our friend at church just lost her 14 year old son.
It is uncertain right now whether it is an accident or not.
We do not know any other details.
We are all devastated by this news.

So today, I am going to be thankful for all the prayers that will be lifted up for this family.
I am thankful for a God who will use this horrible event for some good.
I will choose to give thanks, though my heart breaks right now.
I will choose to give thanks for the peace that only He can give.
I will choose to give thanks for strength to go on for this family.
I am thankful for a God who will see us through this storm too.

Please pray with us for this family, and never take for granted those around you.

Blessings,

Barbara Jean

3 comments:

Coleen said...

so sad.......I will add them to my prayers

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

Judy's Vintage Collections said...

Oh Barbara, I know life has so many sad times...a friend of mine lost her daughter to a car accident..on Jan the first...not good way to start the New Year out...I am thankful they did know Jesus and His comfort and this mother is now doing alright...I will pray for your friend...I do check in on you but I don't always comment...I do follow your blog...
May Jesus wrap his arms around you and your friend....
Love ya,and a BIG ((((HUG)))...
from the heart of Texas!
Judy

LisaShaw said...

I am SO SO sorry to hear this. I pray for peace and comfort for the family during this very painful time. I am thankful that GOD'S PRESENCE is there for us especially when hurt like we couldn't even imagine overwhelms us!

Bless you.