Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Most Fun Day!!




First this one landed in jail.


Then this one.


Then this one. (me)

Three people playing,
three rolls in a row,
3 people in jail!

In all my 63 years I have never seen that happen
in a game of Monopoly.


But oh so fun!!

And then this little one won all the jackpot in the middle.

That was the end of the most fun day
with two of my granddaughters.
Ava 6, and Isabel almost 10.

We thrift shopped, ate yogurt,
went to Michael's,
Got a pizza, played dolls, ate outside,
then I taught them monopoly.

I could have just stayed up all night playing with them,
but, bath time, praying, and bedtime, called.

I have to tell you, there is nothing sweeter
than sitting between two such precious girls,
while they take turns reading the Psalms out loud.

It brought tears to my eyes,
and such a gratefulness to my heart for our
daughter and son-in-law who are raising
their kids to know and love the Lord.

Saying it was a most fun day,
just does not cover how wonderful it was.

Blessings, and may He fill your cup to overflowing!

Barbara jean

2 comments:

Anitra Cameron said...

What a lovely wonderful day! I just smiled and smiled, reading your post and seeing the photos.

And it makes me even more eager for next week, when I get to spend a day or three with one of my granddaughters. She's six, and I got a call from my daughter today asking if I had time to talk to Meggie, who'd just spent the last 10 minutes crying because she missed me so much! If you don't think I got on that phone and told her I'd be out ASAP...!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful day!

Diana said...

Hello Barbara,
I just read your post about your grandkids reading Psalms. Oh how I can relate. My husband and I used to teach Sunday school and hearing those little voices reading their Bible verses they memorized would bring tears to my eyes. There is nothing sweeter.
Thank you for bring back some precious memories.
Diana