Monday, May 11, 2009

Blue Monday - Remember When??

It's Blue Monday.
Go on over to Smilin' Sally's to see more wonderful treasures,
and be sure to thank her for putting this on.

Blue Monday

I didn't have any blue to post today, but then saw these old pics in the coffee table.
It was really interesting looking at theses, and surprising
the feelings and memories that came up.





Can you find me??
Guess the grade we were in??
(This is two different years).


Ever wonder about the people in these old pics?
What they are doing now?
What made some smile, and some not?

Were they too sad to smile?
And if they were too sad, what were they sad from?
Are they still sad now?
Are they smiling now?

If we see someone who seems sad do we take the time to let them know we care?
Do we carry a part of their burden and help lighten their load?
Or do we have too much burden of our own?

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest."
Matt. 11:28

blessings
barbara simmons

7 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Oh you should go on and link in. It's all about blue!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I'm going to guess 3rd grade.

Anonymous said...

I will guess 5th and 6th grade. R maybe even older

Carrie said...

What a thoughtful post...We do need to consider one another much mor than we do.

Terry said...

Happy Blue Monday .
These class pictures are so precious.I have no idea what grade.
I am so glad you shared them .
Blessings to you .
Yes I have wondered about what happened to people in old photos and thus began my introduction to the computer .I have actually found quite a few and it has been so much fun.
Still have many persons to find but
I keep at it.One person at a time.
Thanks again for sharing .
Your always a delight to hear from.
Have a blessed filled week.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Barbara Jean,
I often wonder about old school mates. I hope they are as happy as I am! Have a belated Happy Blue Monday and a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Shannon said...

Those pictures are great! I remember these days well. I was always excited because we got out of class for about 15 minutes. :)