Saturday, August 28, 2010

TODAY I CHOOSE JOY!!




We are on the last day of a 3 day garage sale at the store.
And it took two days in mid 90's weather....
for my Mom and I to haul it all out
and get it set up,
with my Dad....


supervising from inside the store.

After these 4 days, I am tired!!!!
But, when I woke up today,
I CHOSE JOY!
I am choosing to be happy, and full of energy,
so that everyone I meet today
will (hopefully) see the light of Jesus in me.

God's blessings and "joy" to you this day.

Barbara Jean

PS I also want to say how good it feels to get out
from under most of the projects that have been in the garage needing to be done.
It will feel so good to start fresh.
hmmm. Wonder if there are areas in me that need to be cleaned out, and a place to start fresh.
Isn't just like our Lord to use every day things to speak to our hearts?
I love that.

2 comments:

Anitra Cameron said...

What a job! Been going through something of the sort with my mom, but I'm thankful we didn't have to do it in 90 degree weather!

Your joyful choice brought to mind this favorite bit of wisdom:

No Heaven can come to us unless our hearts find rest in today -- Take Heaven.
No Peace lies in the future which is not hidden in this present little instant -- Take Peace.
The gloom of the world is but a shadow. Behind it, yet within our reach is Joy -- Take Joy.

Fra Giovanni Giocondo, 1513, Priest, Architect & Scholar

Rebecca said...

Wow-looks like quite a sale-hope it went well for you!