Monday, August 23, 2010

We need shampoo

Don't we take the simplest things for granted?
Like reaching for shampoo and it is there? Or reaching into the cupboard to bring out a pot to boil spaghetti noodles; not a problem in most cases. Or going to the closet and cannot decide which outfit to wear today?

Simple things like silverware, toothpaste, towels, sheets, dishes to eat our food on, or clothes to wear.
These things are always there. We never even think that they might not.

But not so for my friend who just lost her home to a fire. The everyday things are gone, along with family treasures, photos, important papers.

Today I will shop for some of her necessities, and I will also notice, and be thankful, that I have a glass to get my water in, clean towels for a shower, and a choice of clothes to put on. And, in my life of luxury, even toaster for my breakfast.

What will you notice and be thankful for today?

Hugs and blessings to all

barbara jean

3 comments:

Rose M. Rodriguez said...

Show romanization
Hi Barbara, how sad that news of your friend. I want to let you know that there are many spiritual laws printed in the Bible. Sometimes hidden from our consciousness for most. For example, take me to the Bible passage where Jesus says, "you saw me hungry and you gave me food, I was in prison and I went to visit ... in this case what you give to another you give to God the Father. Jesus during his ministry, he made, his work on behalf of the needy, poor, sick ... We pray that soon there ways to improve and bless the lives of those in need. Like I said there are spiritual laws, I know you know these commandments well but I think it is the law of sowing and harvesting, we help those in need and God puts in our hearts. Every day he gave thanks to God for the most insignificant things, but important, I think every day we must thank the beginning of each day and the end recover all the wonders that we have, for the small things are small miracles with which our God always blesses us. I wanted to let you know that would be a new blog, if you want to join again! blessings Rose Marie

Irma@CosasBellas said...

Hello Ms Barbara Jean, I'm so glad to hear your Dad's feeling a little better! He will remain in my prayers.

We lost our business and our home 3 yrs ago due to the bad economy, we actually lost A LOT of material things and I had to go through a short mourning period before the Lord showed me how His blessings in my life were so much more important than everything I had lost.

It must be such a rough time for your friend, she is so blessed to have you. Keep reminding her of Gods goodness and she will start to see His mercies through people like you who care for her through her trial.

BTW I sell at the FM in Irvine, I live halfway between Fullerton and Irvine. My husband and I have been talking about moving to Oregon, Medford or Ashland maybe, it's so beautiful there.

Take care Barbara Jean oo xx

Irma@CosasBellas said...

Oh, sorry, I forgot to thank you for visiting me and leaving those sweet comments on my blog.

THANK YOU!!!