Wednesday, June 10, 2009


Beauty is in the eye of the beholder


I received a gift this morning.

When I was out for my walk, I found a Dogwood flower
on the street.
It was faded, and looked like someone had stepped on it,
but something about it was beautiful to me.


Then I thought about how it must have felt.
How it had been so beautiful,
felt so much a part of the beauty around it.
Then, whatever had happened,
it had fallen from the tree.
It felt less, less than beautiful.
Who would notice it, laying there, fallen, stepped on?
Who would care about it, or tend to it?
It felt it had not only lost it's beauty,
it was now forgotten, useless and alone.

Well, when i saw that flower,
I saw something beautiful in it.
I saw how it could be used for something beautiful,
and it would be surround by beauty again.
It could continue on though it felt so alone,
unusable, and unwanted.
Yes, I saw it as a beautiful treasure,
to be surrounded by other beautiful things,
to be useful and loved and treasured still.

And that's how God sees us.
We may have fallen to the ground,
feeling we have lost our beauty,
and our usefulness.
We may feel like we have been stepped on by the world,
trampled and faded and useless.
But God sees how we really are.
He sees the beauty in us.
He sees how we can still be used
to add beauty to those around us.

So today, friends, if you are feeling sad,
useless, stepped on, forgotten and alone,
remember, God sees your beauty,
and He has a plan for you.

He's going to refresh you and bring life to you again.
He's going to use you to bring beauty
and pleasure to those around you,
and He's going to surround you with beauty again.














Blessings as you face today.
You are not alone.

Barbara Jean



5 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

OK - - that last vignette with the two white pitchers, baby shoes, and the dogwood - - - I LOVE that.

Jana Johnson Label said...

The dogwood trees on my street are so pretty this year...
The coin purses are from my personal collection...I wish I had some to sell at the store.
Jana

Patina said...

What sweet words Barb. That is something that is good to remember, God's love for us.

Have a great day!

Debbie

Terry said...

Howdy Sweetie
Oh my that was a very beautiful post.
So many wonderful words.
The words are all so true.
I loved each photo ,they were all so moving .
I am so glad you went for that walk.
What a blessing .
God is so good.
Blessings to you .
Hugs

Restoration House Interiors said...

I love this post Barb...you are so great! Have a wonderful Sunday!