Friday, January 22, 2010

I've Decided..... Raccoons would be fun!!!

Since I do not seem to be posting much over here,
I decided to start showing you some of my fun, interesting,
or hopefully helpful, previous spots.

Let's start with this one:

OH SO FUN!!!





Friday I went out for my morning walk, as usual.
I had just asked the Lord what treasures He had for me today,
and i looked up and right there in the road ahead of me
was a family of raccoons!
There was a mama, (well i guess it was the mama),
and 4 little ones!!

First time ever I had seen babies!

They saw me about the same time i saw them.
Mama stopped, stood up on her back legs,
and started to herd her little group over to the side of the road.
She was watching me the whole time.

I started right away to get my camera out of my back pack.
As I hurried, she hurried, and
they were just starting to go down into
the blackberries into a little hole.

I said "Wait!! I just want to take your picture. I won't hurt you."

But she scurried them down into the hole anyway.

My plea went out again:
"OK. Just come out into the clearing
so I can get your picture."

They were meandering down the slope,
hidden under the blackberries;
I could hear them.
At the bottom was an old, overgrown stream bed.
And then they appeared again.




"There you are" I said.
" OK, now stand still so i can get your picture."

She stopped. Turned around, stood up, and looked over at me.
It was so awesome!!

There she was, just standing there, with her 4 babies around her.

She'd begin to wander off again, and I'd holler again.

She did that 4 times, with me snapping pics as fast as i could.
I do hope they will be clear when you click on therm.

What a fun way to start the morning.
Made me smile the whole day.



What treasures did God share with you today?

Blessings, and raccoon smiles to you!!

Barbara Jean


9 comments:

Jill from Joyworks said...

Thank you Barbara Jean, loved the pictures and message. I have a family of raccoons that visit my house almost every night. They are such a joy to watch and so fun...

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What a wonderful story, and great photos too! Not all of us notice when God puts such wonder right in our path. I love that you noticed and that you shared with us. laurie

Jana Johnson Label said...

Hi-
I didn't make the letters...since I haven't been crafting too much lately it's nice be able to buy cute things already made...
Jana

Chatty Crone said...

What a wonderful gift from God - they were so cute! sandie

Larisa said...

So great Nature's show Barbara )))) Thanks you shared this with us ))

Larisa said...

Barbara, Thanks for nice comments in my blog )))
Sorry you deleted my last comment but I can say again that I am in raptures from these Nature's pictures made by yours. You are really talented to catch a moment ))) I wonder the Nature in USA is so wild. In Russia you can hardly find a wild animal anywhere there or here, but in ZOO only (

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

ocmist said...

Seeing sweet, cute little raccoons is really a blessing... Having one... NOT SO MUCH! Even if they are raised well, they have a tendency to turn wild on you when they get up to breeding age. We had one at one time and found out about this, then researched it and found that to be a BIG problem with having them as pets... Also they tear things up a lot. I love seeing them at a distance, though! Linda

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.