Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday

You know, sometimes i get so busy, that i kind of just thank the Lord on the run for all He has done in my life, and even for who He is.

But sometimes i just need to slow down, and really think about what I am Thankful for, and
it usually becomes even more than i can even write down.

So, where to start:

I'm thankful for a Lord who loves me. He knows everything about me, and He still loves me.

I'm thankful for the friends He has put in my life. They pick me up when i am down, laugh with me, cry with me. We play together, and work together. And it is the Lord who brought us together.

I'm thankful for my husband of 40 years. That he sticks with me through my ups and downs, confusion, tears, depression. He may not cry with me, but he is becoming more tender.
He laughs with me. He is a fun person to be married to.

I'm thankful for kids who love us. Who, though they may not always be walking a right path, have never been disrespectful to us. They may not have always told us all the truth, but they never lied when asked. In this day and age, that is a lot to be grateful for!!

I'm thankful for good health! I do not feel like the '60' my calender age says i am. (and my friends will tell you, i certainly do not act like I am 6o.) =0)
I am grateful for my husband's good health, and that he still has a job, when so many are losing theirs.

I'm thankful that we can lift up our hurts, and cares, and the needs of ourselves and others to a God who loves us and wants the best for us!!

Blessings on your day.

Barbara Jean

5 comments:

Anne Marie said...

I too am thankful for all those things...even though we may not show our appreciation all the time for them, they are there-

well said.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh Barb, thanks for swinging in and your words of encouragement.. there have been and are going to be lots of bumps around here. I'm trying to pick myself up and move on...I take things an hour at a time... I'm so blessed to have you in my life darling.. I hope this finds things well with you...
hugs ~lynne~

Kristi Tencarre said...

I'm so excited that you found some inpiration! I hope you enjoy creative journaling! I love it. I'm giving a writing workshop on creative journaling in Vancouver at a church - if you're nearby let me know and I'll give you the address! It's this Sat April 4 (sort of short notice tho) :-)

Janet, said...

Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for. We all take things for granted sometimes, we need to slow down and be thankful.

Leaon Mary said...

Hey there Barbara Jean,
WHAT a great TT list!
Love what you wrote about the kids. The RESPECT part as well.
I remember when our oldest was in gradeschool and sometimes we'd pick him up and the teacher would say he did this wrong or that wrong. Our question to the teacher was always, "Was he respectful?" We knew he would make mistakes in life but it meant so much to us that he was always respectful and honest.
Thanks for taking me back today to when my kids were young. I'm thankful for you!!
Holykisses,
Lea