Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Stocking Help!!

OK my creative friends, I need help.
This is the stocking I am making for our new grand child due to arrive on Friday. I have made each one of the kids a wool stocking out of the same fabric, (wool coats from Goodwill).
I am having trouble with this one, and thought maybe some new eyes would help.
It is obvious at this point that the problem is the gingerbread person is too small for the stocking.
(the lesson there is get away from your work before you go on, and not go by what it looks like when you are sitting a foot from it).
I do not want to start all over, and don't have enough of the deep red trim fabric anyway.
So, what do I fill in all that space with?
I've thought of hearts (wood or stenciled), buttons, more very small ginger people, but nothing seems quite right.
The ginger person still needs eyes, nose, and mouth, but that will not effect that huge blank space. After the baby is born, I will add a bow to the top for a girl, or a bow tie for a boy.

So put on your creative thinking caps and get back to me.

thanks friends. =0)

Blessings on your day.

2 comments:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Have you thought about stars? Since this little one is going to be a star? Are you cutting them out and blanket stitiching them on there? It sure is cute girl..
hugs ~lynne~

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hey cutie.. how about candy canes or small ornaments???
hugs ~lynne ~