Friday, September 12, 2008

Progress

This week I have been working on new business cards. It wouldn't be too bad if I didn't already have a picture in my mind of what I wanted. Trying to communicate that to another person, and hoping they are patient while you work together is hard to do. Especially when the designer is a creative person herself, and has her own ideas too.
I will say, we do almost have it done. The girl is off till next week, but we will pick it back up then.

There are so many more decisions about this whole busniness thing than I ever knew. Guess that is the way it is with anything. You never quite know what you are getting into, until you get into it. Ever wonder if you knew how much work something would be, would you do it??

I'm not saying I'm sorry mind you, just that it is a lot of work. Somehow I thought it would all be like playing store. You go out and get things, or you make things, and you set it up all cute, and you dress up pretty, and people come in and visit, and buy something, and you do it all over again. Sounds like fun, right?

Well, that certainly does happen, and it is fun. But either no one warned me, (or I didn't listen),
about things like keeping the place clean, getting set up with credit cards (talk about making decisions!), getting blog banners (still trying to figure that one out), getting a web site set up,
and bookkeeping.
Wow. I'm tired just thinking about it! =0)

Seriously, there really is a lot of work to it, but I am learning so much, and we are making progress. It's a very rewarding feeling.

After all, isn't' all of life just making decisions, learning and growing from them, then sharing what you have learned with others?
It certainly is.

So, let's make the best decisions we can, determine to learn from them, and be willing to share with others in the hope they won't have to make the same ones.

God Bless your decision making today. And remember, life isn't perfect, roll with the punches, and give a smile to everyone you meet. =0)

No comments: