Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Instant Pudding?

I love when I walk in the morning. It seems to be the time the Lord "speaks" to me the most. And of course He does it in ways I will 'get', (which isn't usually anything deep and profound, but through everyday things). This morning it was "instant pudding".

I was having trouble keeping my focus on the Lord in my busyness of mind about my business. You know, having to decide on things like Holiday Faire ads (yes, I'm having to make those decisions now!), new business cards, getting some new things done for the shop. I was frustrated about how long it takes me and how indecisive I am about figuring these things out and making decisions and how I was sure that others just figure things out quickly and move on. Why couldn't I be like that?
I was well aware I had lost my focus, and was asking for help to get things back in perspective. Thus, Instant Pudding. =0)

I was thinking about my friend who works in a very stressful office situation, and everyone was expecting her to do everything "instantly", and how she does the work of 3 peolpe most of the time. I thought of how much I wanted her to have peace of mind in the midst of life's pressures, and that people would realize everything can't be done for everyone at once, instantly!

I was thinking about how many times when we are in a hurry we have to stop for red lights, or the person in line at the grocery store can't find her coupons, or we can't find a clerk when we need one. And I was thinking about all the times when God has us in the "waiting room" of life. Waiting to get out of high school, waiting to get married, to have kids, waiting for retirement. Waiting to see the doctor, waiting for tests, waiting for answers.

Then I was reminded of what the Lord has been showing me the past few months that I had temporarily forgotten.

Life is a process.

Everything we do, everything we go through, everything that happens in our lives and the lives of those we love, every thing we struggle with, all the dreams we wait for, all the decisions we need to make, are all part of the "process" of life. There are no short cuts, no quick solutions, not even "instant pudding".

Is 40:31
"They that wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." NIV

2 comments:

xspammie said...

hi what wonderful advise that is. having trouble getting the post on but will keep trying

Barbara Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.